It’s a new year, which means new beginnings and new opportunities to grow, not only personally but in your career as well. The beginning of a new year is the best time to reset, reflect, and set new goals to conquer.
Our company name, Meridian, means “at the peak of something” or “the highest point or stage of development”. Here are 5 handy tips you can use to reach your Meridian as an estate agent in 2022.
1. Set realistic goals: It is vital to set goals for yourself to declutter your mind and focus on what is important. Setting goals is a perfect way to keep yourself accountable. But those goals must be realistic.
Setting unreachable goals that you continuously fail to reach is a sure-fire way of breaking down your morale and throwing you into a spiralling case of despair. Setting achievable goals that will still challenge you enough to keep you invested in the outcome and working hard will help to keep you motivated and energized.
2. Accountability: Once you have set your goals, check in with yourself regularly to determine if you are on the right track. When you are committed to your goals, you will feel less stressed with your proactive approach.
Being accountable to yourself, however, may not always produce the best results, as we are far too often too lenient or too harsh on ourselves. Finding a trustworthy “accountability buddy”, someone with who you can share your goals and who can check up on your progress, may be the best bet to achieving the most this year.
3. Keep it Zen: Unfortunately, there is no magic pill you can take to be healthy. This also takes commitment and dedication. Get into a routine that includes regular exercise, eating healthier, and a healthy sleeping pattern that suits your body’s sleep requirements. A healthy routine helps you maintain your mental wellbeing and will change your professional life drastically.
In the creation of a healthy, holistic routine, you will align both your professional and personal lives to your overall life goals.
4. Be visible: We all know being an estate agent is not a walk in the park. The market and competition are tough out there. The best way to stay ahead is to have a clear marketing plan, communicate regularly with your audience, and be consistent. This way you build your personal brand and establish yourself as the estate agent of choice.
In our digital age, the resources you need to be visible in the market have become increasingly accessible. But therein lies the challenge as well – those resources are being used by your competitors as well. That is why it is vital to connect with your clients on a personal level, and make yourself a part of their community, not just their real estate transactions.
5. Learn something new: As a seasoned property professional, you may feel like you are on top of your game. But as time goes on, the industry changes and technology evolves, all of which may alter the game to a point where you are no longer in the lead. So ensure that you keep working on yourself to sharpen your knowledge and skills.
Constantly upskilling yourself in new areas will also allow you to get a new edge in your professional approach. When you have a broader understanding of aspects ranging from graphic design to programming to legislation, you will be able to take a more holistic approach to your professional service.
At Meridian Realty, we empower our iAgents to reach their Meridian by providing them with the resources, tools and technology they need to grow their business and ultimately start retaining up to 100% of their commission.
If you are a seasoned property professional looking for a change, enquire today and a Meridian Realty representative will be in contact.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)