Your social media guide to become a top real estate agent
Since the lockdown began, more and more people are connecting online and using social media to grow their businesses. In South Africa alone, there are 27 million Internet users, 14 million people on Facebook, and 8.74 million YouTube users. Most of these users visit social media platforms more than once each day. This means that you have ample opportunity to connect with your audience and communicate your brand – and all of this ONLINE!
Why is social media important for you as an estate agent?
- Improves brand awareness: The more you communicate your brand and message on social media, the more visible you will become. With social media, you can reach more people than ever before with a click of a button.
- Embrace the extreme cost-effectiveness: Social media marketing is possibly one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies out there as creating an account and posting content is absolutely free. There is no doubt that social media can be a game changer if you incorporate it as part of your marketing efforts.
- Engage with your audience: An easy way to win attention and convey your message is to communicate and engage with your audience. Social media has made this extremely easy to do. By incorporating special themes in your content plan, you can establish your brand without any hassle.
- Increase online traffic: With social media content, you can drive traffic to specific platforms. Identify your objective and generate traffic towards it. For example, if you want to shine light on a new listing, ensure that you have enough information and links available for the reader to make a clear decision if they want to pursue it further.
- Stay on top of mind: Social media users log into their account multiple times a day. You can use this opportunity to share content frequently and establish yourself as the thought leader and go-to source for information.
So how do I communicate effectively on social media? There are 5 tips for you to improve your social media game.
- Set goals: It is important to work with a clear plan. Identify your goals and determine the social media platforms that will assist you best in achieving those goals.
- Consistency is key: Plan in advance and set out what you want to communicate and when. This will ultimately save you time, ensure that you are consistent, and give you peace of mind.
- Make it personal: After all, you are knowledgeable in your field. Share your thoughts and ensure that you create content through which people will recognise you over time by adding personal touches like a professional photo of yourself.
- Brand consistency: Embark on a comprehensive audit of your current active social media pages. Does it tick all the boxes for you to be as visible as possible? Do you have all your contact details easy accessible? Below is an illustration of social media post best practices:
Here at Meridian Realty, we have your back. We have all the tools and support to assist you in creating a social media content plan that will “wow” anyone through professionalism and attention to detail. Our team of social media gurus will ensure that you are seen as the seasoned professional that you are! So if you are interested in more information in becoming a Meridian Realty iAgent, Why not view our world-class marketing tools here. To find out more, enquire here.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)