The real estate agent chronicles: Learning to adapt to the change
They say the only constant in life is change. But we all know that change isn’t always fun; it can be challenging and uncomfortable to say the least. As real estate agents, we know that the industry is constantly changing, and it is no secret that the pandemic forced everyone to adapt to a new way of living and working. We went from print marketing and in-person interactions to almost 100% online business processes.
Were you ready for the change and geared for a new way of living?
Here are some useful tips that can help you embrace change easier:
- Positivity is key: Try to change your mindset and adopt a more positive outlook on life. We cannot always control the events in our lives, but we can control our mindset and how we react to them. This will help you step out of your comfort zone and embrace change when it occurs.
- Comfort zones are so 2000s: Write a list of things that scare you and try your best to overcome them. Change is a scary thing for most of us, but when you face your fears, it will give you the confidence you need to be the best version of yourself, personally and professionally as a property practitioner.
For example, if you only rely on your contacts for your business success, you need to start thinking of other ways to further grow your business. Why not make a video of yourself sharing tips and tricks and post it to social media? You’ll be surprised at the result it can have and how many more people will see your content, which ultimately helps you strengthen your personal brand.
- Kickstart your healthy lifestyle: Stress is a constant part of so many peoples’ lives, especially when they are confronted with major changes. But while it is a perfectly normal reaction to change, it isn’t the healthiest or the most productive option. One of the best ways to minimise stress and enable yourself to better deal with change is by maintaining a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has obvious health benefits, but it also enables us to better deal with emotional strain when things just get too much. A few key lifestyle changes that will change the way you cope with stressful times are:
- Incorporate healthier foods in your diet
- Get enough sleep
- Follow a stricter nightly/morning routine
- Make exercise a constant part of your life
- Connect with others
- Take up a creative hobby
We all desire to live successful, happy, and long lives. To help us achieve this, we need to be proactive about how we manage the change we face in our lives.
At Meridian Realty, we embrace adaption in order to promote the growth of our business and our iAgents. We provide all the support and tools for them to exceed and become the best versions of themselves.“Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude”. – Lou Holtz
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)