How to stay motivated in a tough real estate market:
If you have been in the real estate industry for a while, then you will know that it is perfectly normal for the market to go through cycles. Our industry is going through continuous market disruption and it has never been more important to take care of your mindset in order to choose how you respond to the situation.
Albert Einstein has a famous definition for Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results..
If you are not happy with the current situation in your business, then make a change and you will start seeing different results…
Here are a few top tips on how to stay motivated when the going gets tough:
- Focus on the fact that nothing in life is permanent and this too shall pass. Your mind is a powerful tool and you have the ability to think new thoughts when things are not going according to plan. Leverage the dip in property sales and use the frustration to ignite a renewed hunger for your personal growth!
- Having a roof over our heads is one of our basic needs. People will always buy and sell property, so it is important to focus on WHERE the sales are still taking place and making sure you adapt. It might even mean canvassing and selling properties in areas outside of your comfort zone.
- Take the time to zoom out for a bird’s point of view of the areas you service. Areas around the local schools or lucrative investment properties will always have a high turnover, irrespective of the conditions in the market. When the marketing conditions become favourable again then you would’ve gained a lot of experience in new areas…
- As Steven Covey says in his book called The 7 Habits of Highly effective People: “Begin with the end in mind”. Reach new clarity through settings goals for yourself and read it daily. Start by asking yourself what you really want and work your way back to where you currently are in order to discover the actions you need to take to reach your goals.
- Slow marketing conditions are not all “doom and gloom”. Tough times like this tends to separate unmotivated agents with a victim mindset from the professional and driven agents. In the end, fewer estate agents will remain standing; and those who are, will have less competition in the industry…
- One of the best ways to cushion the ups and downs of the real estate market is to nurture your referral network and client relationships. Set aside time every day to check make contact with people in your sphere, even if they’re not planning to buy or sell property at the moment – they might know of someone else who is.
At Meridian Realty we offer our iAgents all the tools they will need in order to build a successful real estate business.
Our competitive packages give you maximum earning potential and we charge only a small monthly service fee.
No royalty fees.
No franchise fees.
When you reach a certain commission threshold for the year – you keep 100% of your commission – it is that simple.
We maximize our resources which allows you to leverage the best possible financial rewards.
Offering you true value and extraordinary services like:
- Fully qualified principals and branch managers to assist you whenever you need help or advice
- Virtual Private Assistants (VPAs) to assist you with admin tasks and the loading of your properties onto the various websites
- In-house professional photographers at your beck-and-call to make your property stand out from the crowd (at no additional cost)
- A number of professional property videos per month to give your listing that wow-factor
- Matterport Virtual 3D tours in selected areas (at a nominal additional fee)
- In-house graphic designers to assist you in building your brand – whether you are looking for a personalised marketing plan, a just-listed brochure or a print-media ad – we have you covered!
- Access to a cloud-based marketing library which can be customised to your needs – including for sale boards, pamphlets, calendars, business cards, etc.
- Unlimited access to deeds office data
- Access to a state of the art collaboration platform to ease communication
- Your own cloud-based storage solution with 1TB capacity and a Office 365 email address with free back-ups
- Relevant legal documentation (OTP’s, mandates, FICA questionnaires etc.)
- Regular and relevant training events (both online and in person)
Visit our iAgent website for more information and feel free to make contact at:
079 386 4743 or [email protected]
Why choose Meridian? Because we keep it REALty!